Anne Briggs of Anne-of-All-Trades blog making it happen at it in her Washington Workshop.
Bad Axe Sawyer's Bench Lumber Bundle
* Note: at 28 pounds, this is a heavy bundle to ship; rates will vary from $15 up to $48, depending on where you live in the continental U.S. More, for shipments to Alaska and Hawaii.
Our International and Canadian customers are strongly advised to purchase sawbench lumber from The Unplugged Woodshop to save on shipping and customs.
Sawyer's Bench Pre-Dimensioned Lumber Bundle: $145
There are a lot of sawbench designs, but none of them can compare to the design Tom Fidgen lays out in his book 'The Unplugged Woodshop.' You may now purchase a very nice kit of the wood componenets from Bad Axe, pre-dimensioned to size as outlined in Tom's book, and consisting of sustainably harvested premium flatsawn red oak, kiln-dried, jointed flat and certified bug-free.
Tom and I used the prototypes for this 13-piece sawyer's bench bundle when we taught over 22 students in attendance at Sawlapalooza last July how to build his frame saw and kerfing plane designs, along with how to build a Bad Axe saw, and create the Sawyer's bench. We were VERY impressed with the quality of the wood sustainably harvested locally here in Wisconsin. It's premium stuff accurately dimensioned and flat; I know you're going to enjoy creating the joinery immensely.
Is this kind of lumber something you're more than capable of sourcing yourself? Absolutely! So let's be very clear--what we're selling here is convenience, pure and simple. That, and a personal guarantee from Bad Axe that you're getting quality wood. The price we're charging is appropriate not just for the cost of the wood itself, but for the time that goes into dimensioning it such that you take delivery on stock that is immediately ready to join together--the fun stuff--rather than spending your weekend shop time looking for wood, transporting it, and then dimensioning it before you can begin turning it into something useful.
All Bad Axe Tool Works Saws are highly customizable, and Feature the Following:
- Custom filing available at same price per request
- Bad Axe saw sharpening rates $15 nominal fee
- Highly-figured 19th-century patterned hickory handles, also available in cherry, walnut, maple & mesquite.
- Five handle sizes available: XS, S, R, L, XL
- Flush-face slotted sawbolts/nuts in three alloys and four finishes with a 13/16" deep-dish decorative medallion
- Firearms-quality hot-blued finish on traditionally-folded steel back
- Optional black or bright nickel carbon steel, brass, copper-plated and bronze saw backs
- Premium-grade Swedish Spring Steel, RC50-52
- Traditional hammer-set toothline
- Lifetime guarantee against all material defects
Learn more about my material choices and saw design rationale.
Other Top Selling Bad Axe Tools:
- Bad Axe American Kid Back Saw
- Bad Axe 10" Dovetail Back Saw
- Bad Axe 10" Carcase Back Saw
- Bad Axe 12" 'Stiletto' Dovetail Back Saw
- Bad Axe 12" Hybrid Dovetail/Small Tenon Back Saw
- Bad Axe 12" Carcase Back Saw
- Bad Axe 14" Sash Back Saw
- Bad Axe 16" Tenon Back Saw
- Bad Axe 18" Large Tenon Back Saw
- The Roubo Beastmaster
- Bad Axe 20" Miter Box Saw
- Bad Axe Bench Hook Sets
- Bad Axe Tool Care
- Bad Axe Accessories